Charges dismissed against former Anniston city councilor | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- Charges have been dropped against a former Anniston city councilor arrested in July on a theft indictment.
David Dawson was charged with stealing more than $5,000 from his former employer, Anniston Pathology Associates.
The indictment has been dismissed upon a a request by the victims in that case. It was part of a legal settlement in a separate lawsuit, details of which were kept confidential.
Dawson was elected to the Anniston council in 2008 and resigned in April.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out