Freedom Riders Park sign restored | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- The vandal-damaged sign at Anniston's future Freedom Riders Park has now been restored.
Sunday, Anniston police say that vandals intentionally burned the sign on Highway 202. It marks the site where in 1961, anti-integration supporters firebombed a bus ridden by Freedom Riders. The side restored today shows an artist's concept of the future park and photos of the bus burning incident.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting