Fallen Anniston officer to be honored in 2013 Rose Parade | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- An Anniston officer killed in the line of duty will be remembered for his big heart and love of life during the next year's Rose Parade.
Officer Justin Sollohub was shot while chasing a suspect in 2011. Because he was an organ donor Sollohub gave four other people a second chance at life.
Now, is being honored for his gifts on Pasadena on New Year's Day. Sollohub's portrait will be part of a memorial flora-graph made out of flowers and sponsored by the Alabama Organ Center and UAB Hospital. The portrait is part of the "Donate Life Float".
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting