Missing Anniston man found deceased | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- A sad ending tonight for a missing persons case in Anniston after an elderly man was found deceased.
Earlier today, Anniston police released a photo of 77-year-old Bobby Jack Travis, who was last seen last Thursday leaving a senior apartment building in the McClellan community.
Today, police and rescue workers searched the woods in the area with the help of two helicopters.
The Calhoun County Coroner's Office now confirms Travis was found dead this afternoon, of what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police do not suspect foul play.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting