Anniston area contractor to lay of 139 workers | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- General Dynamics Land Systems says it will employ fewer workers in April at its Anniston Army Depot site.
The defense contractor says it notified 139 people that they will be laid off in March and April.
The company builds and repairs combat vehicles and says the layoffs were necessary due to a lack of work at the facility. The layoffs are the latest in a string of cutbacks in Anniston since last year due to the draw downs in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting