Growing tourism behind push for Sunday alcohol sales in Anniston | News
There's a push to allow limited Sunday alcohol sales in Anniston.
City Councilor and Vice Mayor Seyram Selase says that the idea is linked to Anniston's efforts to attract eco-tourism from bicycle riders, hikers and others.
"And they really focus on going to cities and locations that have your craft beers, and they're drawing, you're talking about a lot of young people and a lot of baby boomers as well, and those are the types of atmospheres they love," Selase said.
But first, the state legislature would have to give the Anniston City Council the authority to allow such sales. That could happen as early as February. Anniston Senator Del Marsh plans file the bill on behalf of the council.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out