Anniston police chief announces retirement | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- After serving on the Anniston Police force for 29 years, Chief Layton McGrady will retire next month. The police department made the announcement public on their Facebook page Tuesday morning.
"Chief, we wish you well in your retirement, and know that you will enjoy the travelling and camping trips. You have earned it," the department said in the post.
According to their Facebook page, Chief McGrady began working in law enforcement in Rockford, Ala. before joining the Anniston Police Department.
McGrady's last day on the job will be Feb. 8, 2013.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting