Anniston officials investigate weekend fire | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- Fire officials in Anniston hope to start investigating Tuesday to determine what caused a fire that destroyed a downtown business.
Firefighters battled the blaze Saturday afternoon at ServiceMaster on South Noble Street.
No one was injured, but the fire sent a plume of smoke over downtown Anniston. The two story building was destroyed.
A portion of South Noble Street remained closed today because city officials were concerned the east wall would collapse into traffic.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out