Anniston hopes to convert old railbed to expand bike trail | News
ANNISTON, AL (WBRC)- The city of Anniston is taking steps to expand the Cheif Ladiga Trail biking trail into the city.
The council passed a resolution requesting the McClellan Development Authority give the city an old Norfold Southern rail bed that would be turned into a bike trail. It would then be added to the city's bike trails system.
The bed intersects with Highway 21 and runs along Batzell Gate Road.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out